Hey y’all! I’ve just realized something, i haven’t told you much about fleet foxes have i? Well i think it’s about time i did. Continue reading
Kawabata! Did you know that means hello in Catalan. Off course you didn’t! That’s because Kawabata is the second name of a Japanese short story writer, it doesn’t have anything to do with Catalan in fact. I am odd, hola … Continue reading
Well a big hello to you today! *Now give your self a pat on the back for visiting my blog*. Now, if you have visited my blog before you may of heard of my Ultimate playlist. In the past i have told you how to make one, told you what to do with one and i have told you about a few of the artists in my Ultimate playlist. And now i do think it is about time i told you about whats in mine. I’m sorry its a screen shot of iTunes, i am too tired to copy out each song, artist and album. Lets hope y’all eyes are good because this is a tad bit small. I am not going to write my inner most thoughts on each song, neither am i going to do a running commentary on the songs. But please! If you have the patience, go and search some of them up ; you could discover something wonderful. So this is it, i feel like i am reveling my inner most possessions. But good music needs to be shared.
Bit varied isn’t it? It goes from country folk to real knitty gritty punk to 90’s. I’m quite unpredictable when it comes to music, so are you, so is every one, they just don’t know it yet. Now look, i have a idea (everyone sighs) – only kidding. Anyway, Do you have a ultimate playlist? I so, i want to know whats in it. I sound very demanding. Do you want to share it’s greatness? Just give me a tinkle, tell me anything you want, anything at all. I’ve been doing a lil’bit’of reading you see, and I’ve read that people are more likely to read your blog if it teaches them something new, or shows them how to do something, well basically if it benefits the reader. So i want you to share y’all opinions on stuff, anything (it doesn’t have to be on de’blog), what y’all would like to see on my blog and y’all thoughts. So go ahead, move you mouse/finger towards the y’all comments page.
- In Defence of Playlists (gaizabonts.wordpress.com)
I have made a monumental discovery, they are Haim and Florence and the machine. Well to be quite honest, I’ve known about them both for yonks now so they are nothing new, i just wanted to get your attention. Continue reading
So I’m of on holiday today. 11 days in gone, but don’t worry i have something planned to blog about for when i come back. I went shopping with Paige yesterday, we were in the car and my number by the foals came on – great song – and I’ve had it in my head ever since. Youtube it, if you watched any of glasto on tv you will probably of heard it because it was the theme tune thingy (a bit like how Florence and the machine was at the olympics). I have to go, i haven’t even packed yet, enjoy your summer!
Wow, they still never cease to amaze me. Above is the new video for the song hopeless wanderer, they have totally bucked the trend for this video, in others they have filmed them playing the song, riding motorbikes singing the … Continue reading
It’s hot, very hot indeed. But don’t complain, or put on a hose pipe ban – the last time you did that it didn’t stop raining till cars were under water. It’s about time i give y’all must a do list of things to in the summer holidays, if you like make a check list – just enjoy summer! All of the below is recommended to be done with friends & family.
- Have a BBQ on the beach
- Swim in the sea no matter how cold x5
- Spend at least 3 hours soaking up the sun whilst reading a book
- Go rock pooling. Try and catch a crab with your bear hands, i managed it so you can too, and i caught 2 shrimps!
- Go for a cliff top walk over looking the never ending sea
- Dance till your out of breath on the beach, however weird you look, stuck for songs? check out my “How to make your own ultimate playlist” post – https://thecharlottemumfordblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/how-to-make-your-own-ultimate-playlist/
- Sleep under the stars x7
- Cook food on the BBQ – doesn’t have to be the traditional burger, just cook normal food x15
- Sleep under a tree
- Go on a trek, anywhere at all, drive off, don’t think about going too far (bring a sat- nav or GPS) x5
- Sleep in your car in the middle of a field x3
- Have a picnic x10
- Eat a Greek salad with couscous
- Drink the finest cider
- Visit and ancient estate , like this http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stourhead/
- Make your own raft and try and make it float with you on it, TIP: test it in a river/lake/reservoir
- Go sailing or rowing
- Dance in the rain, there’s bound to be a few rainy days
- Eat x30 ice creams, seems like a lot, but it’s really not!
- Go to a Orchard
- Go on holiday, in England, abroad, or camp in your garden – wherever!
- Go to a Festival x5
- Build a sandcastle x3
- Toast a marshmallow over a campfire x5
- Make a hot chocolate over a campfire x3
- Sing a song with your best friends by a campfire
- Go for a walk in a woods x5
- Go swimming x5 (swimming in the sea counts too!)
- Make a shelter and sleep in it
- See a bird of pray x15
- Have a water fight x3
- Stroke a horse, or ride it in my case x5
- Paddle in a stream whilst holding up your trousers x5
- Climb a hill/mountain x3
- Run and scream in a field of green x3
- Watch live music x7
- See a frog x3
- See a newt x3
- Watch the sun go down x17
- See a wild deer x10
- Cross a stream on stepping stones x3
- Make a smiley face with pebbles
- Eat fish and chips by the sea x3
- Walk up and down a Habour x3
- Follow a river from it’s source to the sea, do it in parts if it’s easier
- Feel sand between your toes
- x30 kisses under the sun (if you have someone to kiss!)
- Go to a barn dance
- Attempt to surf
- Go snorkeling and see fish and corals
Need inspiration? Here’s some summery pic’s
Glasto 2013, wow. Did you watch it, or even better, did you go? In my opinion, it`s the greatest event amoungst christmas and my birthday. This year`s line up was the BEST ever! Rock giants – rolling stones, Lucy rose, Micheal kiwanika, Vampire weekend, The vaccines and of course, the best of them`all – Mumford rocked the country. And even better, i got my da into The vaccines! Me and him stood by the TV at 10 whilst everyone was sleeping and turned up the volume and admired their fantabulous performance! Especially their grand finale cover of “With a little help from my friends” written by john Lennon and Paul McCartney which was performed with First aid kit, Primal scream, Vampire weekend and the Vaccines – i was surprised that Haim weren’t there too as they have done a LOT of concerts with them in the past and they were also at Glasto? They performed their usual round of songs but had to miss out a few due to time constraints, dad was hoping all along to see below my feet (one of his favourites along with lovers eyes and the boxer). My favourite song of Vampire weekend was a oddly named one called “kape cod kwassa kwassa” which reminds me of summer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wHl9qRsMzw – link to you tube to listen).
Anyway, lets no harp on about my favourite songs, let me know yours in the y’all opinion page! Now for my very first “Song of the time post”. This time it is “song of the past 4 days” and the song “Country girl” by Primal scream who i was introduced to by my riding teacher Amelia Bennet “they are played alot on radio 4” she said. After that i can across their performance at Glasto and thought they were rather good, dad also knew of them so he downloaded one of their most popular songs “Country girl” which i have been listening to all the time since Saturday, i’m trying not to wear it out so i’ve stopped listening so much. The link to the song is at the top (“song of the past 4 days/Glasto round up”).
Right now i have just listened to First aid kit’s “lions roar” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5FdvRR4pQ) and i’m currently listening to “Emmylou” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC57z-oDPLs). I haven’t wrote much today but i hope i make up for that in all the video’s i hope y’all watch. Going to try and share some of the happenings in my polythene green houses tommorow. I’ll be your emmylou and i’ll be your jude… Just sitting little darling sitting with you…
“The best thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain”